Friday, April 16, 2010

keys to health and thriving


source
Looking back at my blog entries, I have realized there are so many beneficial exercises that we discussed and experienced. I would have to say that the two most beneficial practices for me are Loving-Kindness and Journey On.

Loving-kindness is one because I felt I immediately connected with this exercise. Some exercises are more difficult to really focus on at the beginning, and hopefully it gets easier the more you practice, but with the Loving-Kindness I had no trouble getting something out of it. I felt that many others reacted the same way. I feel this exercise would be helpful for anyone who loves and has loved ones who are in pain. Compassionate people will be great at this exercise, and those who want to be compassionate this will be helpful too. How can we not benefit from more people showing their love and kindness to love ones, strangers, and even their enemies? Our world will be a better place with the spread of this exercise.

I have a connection with the Journey On exercise. This was the first one we did in this course, and it was the first one for me to do ever. It was all new experiences and feelings flowing through my body and it was fun. I really enjoyed this visualization technique and I felt that it helped with a realization for me in the process. I was literally following my blood flow from my head to my toes, etc. I feel that this technique benefits those who are in need of physical healings. I have been in need of physical healing before and I know that I would have used this approach to my specific case if I knew of it. I could have visualized my problem spot and visualized it healing. Taking out the old, abnormal cells, and bringing in the healthy and happy cells that belong there. Afterward I would feel so rejuvenated, refreshed, energized, and even mentally more positive because of my experience.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Kristen,
Life is what we make it isn't it? I think you are on a path of a new awakening that will bring you more joy. I am so impressed by your ability to focus on the things that you find important to your life.
Good luck to you.
Ginger

fatima said...

Hi Kristen,
We are what we think. I did love loving-kindness because it is like looking at yourself and the world from a loving perspective. If we can do the deeds at least we can wish them for others, I mean if I can not help someone at crisis who is far away I can hope, pray, and send my positive emotions and support their way.
Some times when I am sitting doing nothing, I think how many people around the world are dying at this moment or raped or tortured, I do not know the answer but in the worl we live in that happen frequently, so I just say please God help them, please stop their suffering, please send them your help, if that count as loving-kindness then we all should do it, it is our thought that we care.
The world should realize that all humans came from Adam and Eve and no matter what religion, color, country, rich or poor, or whatever disparties that divide us, we all are one race and should love each other regardless of our differences because those differences is what make us stronger as a survived species and what give life its flavore.
Fatima

Kevin said...

I am glad to hear you had such great success with these two exercises. Your success with them should make it easier for you to teach others how to get the most out of it.