Monday, March 15, 2010

part III: The Century of Crime

First off, love the music. Already a great relaxing tool for me. :) Just the ability to stop everything and just breathe. Crazy how I don't ever really do that during my crazy days.

red: I feel grounded.

orange: I feel centered.

yellow: I feel loved.

green: I choose to love.

blue: My life has a meaningful purpose.

indigo: I feel balanced.

violet: I feel connected.

I enjoyed this relaxation technique. I feel I got more out of this technique than last unit's technique. I wonder what that says about my relaxation abilities? I think because it was more of a visual yet mental and emotional approach. These positive words are encouraging and makes me want to go out and be super grounded, centered, loved, to show love, purpose-filled, balanced, and connected. When you have all of this pulled together you definitely feel that health, happiness, and wholeness. My body was calm and relaxed. I said last week that I should listen to the first relaxation exercise throughout my days, but I probably will be coming back to this one since I felt I got more out of it. Which one do you prefer out of the two exercises we have done so far??

2 comments:

fatima said...

Hi Kristen,
I share the same experience as you and I think it is because we are a hands-on personality that made this exercise more real for us. I was not able to to emerge myself in the last exercise but this unit is a different story.
Something strange happened to me after "the crime of the century" exercise, I felt light and I did not feel the ache I usually have constantly in my lower back and right leg. I want to re-do it to see if the same will happen to me again.
Fatima

Creating Wellness said...

Hi Kristen,

I think this Rainbow Meditation, or Crime of the Century, whatever you want to call it, is a wonderful way to relax.

Last night I was feeling a little agitated which in turn, caused me to spiral and I could've gone into depression, but I remembered the Rainbow meditation and brought myself right out of that negative place.

I enjoyed reading what you wrote on my post, and I hope you use this meditation more than once a day. At first, you will use if many times a day, and then will only have to use it once or twice a day as the feeling it brings will begin to come naturally to you.