Monday, March 8, 2010

relaxation is good...


Hello lovely classmates. Thanks for coming to my blog. I hope to give insightful information and share what I have learned throughout this term and my life. I am super excited about this course and look forward to reading y'alls words as well.

I love little relaxation audios and experiencing new techniques on how to relax. Who doesn't? It was pretty late when I decided to do mine. I thought it would be a good idea to do right before I went to sleep. So I brought my laptop in our bedroom and was super comfy (like it said) in my bed. All I had in mind was that this was going to be nice and relaxing and help me fall asleep faster.

The Journey On relaxation exercise was one I had never done before. It was nice. (My husband however fell asleep twice during it...so I guess it really worked for him) ;) I made an effort to really focus on the exercise and visualize my blood circulating in the specified areas. I did feel relaxed, warm, and heavy.

Then at the end, he started talking about how energized you are and how full of energy you now are after doing this exercise. I thought that was weird at first, because I definitely felt relaxed and not full of energy. I mean...I was in bed about to go to sleep (husband already asleep). But then I could not fall asleep. I probably tossed and turned for another hour or two. Then a huge hail storm came, and that DEFINITELY did not help. haha. I then realized that it did give me energy, and then thought that it was a bad idea to do the exercise right before bed. At least I know it worked. :) I will keep this audio accessible for future lazy days.

I'd love to hear if anyone else had the same experience?? Have a great day everyone!!!

4 comments:

Andrea Woosley said...

Kristen,
I did enjoy the relaxation, although at the end I had a very difficult time with my energy level. I find often when I do get this relaxed I am usually so exhausted from not taking the time to relax that I cannot find any energy and usually fall asleep. I did not fall asleep but could not run a marathon after, but I couldn't run a marathon anyway.
Andrea

Ash said...

Dear Kristen,

Hey there darling! I love your blog! It is so colorful and interesting to read. You seem like you have done this before. Am I right?

From the looks of it, you really enjoy your life, and that is a great step in having a healthy, long life! I am looking forward to blogging back and forth with you during our class of Creating Wellness! Just to let you know I have you locked in as one of my "followers" so that I will be notified when you update your blog! I hope you add me to your following as well!

Take care hun, and have a lovely night!

kristen mcashan said...

@Anddrea...ha I hear ya. Who knows, maybe if we get this relaxed/energized thing going right then we can run a marathon!

@Ash...hey! As a matter of fact I do have another blog! www.kristenmcashan.com
It's my personal one, so if you like to hear my ramble some more, and craft!, then come take a look! I'd love to hear feedback on that too. Oh and I do follow you and look forward to blogging with you as well!

Creating Wellness said...

Kristen,

It sounds like what happened after the relaxation audio was that all of your mind's baggage was gone, which did energize your mind, as you said you couldn't fall asleep.

Paula