Monday, March 29, 2010

The Subtle Mind



I really enjoyed the Loving Kindness exercise. I had the opportunity to think about certain people and things going on around them. This was easier for me to accomplish rather than the Subtle mind exercise. I think it didn't help that my CD was loud static through about ¾ of the exercise...bummer. It is not the same when you are trying to really focus and relax...when you have to read the exercise at the same time. It did get a little easier when I did it several times because I knew what was expected.

When reading through the Subtle mind practice I noticed there are a lot more questions being asked. I suppose the deeper one tries to get the more questions arise. I feel like I am not quite 100% there with my calm-abiding and unity consciousness. I did find myself wondering off, getting back on track, but then falling off again. Then I would get frustrated that I couldn't stay focused, and then that just ruined it. J However, being optimistic, I did catch myself able to recognize the rise and fall of those distractions of images, thoughts, or emotions. So there’s a start!!


I do know that I look forward to that experience of my true, true deepest essence. I love the line..."the mind drops into the heart" (p. 76). I know I have experienced this throughout my life, but to be able to intentionally drop my mind into the heart…on cue. Now that will be amazing. Oh I can imagine now how my life will change when my life has that constant peaceful mind.

2 comments:

Creating Wellness said...

Hi Kristen,

I have the same experience as you.... wandering mind, getting back on track, getting frustrated, losing focus.

So, we just have to keep practicing until we get it, right?

Paula

kristen mcashan said...

Ha, you're right Paula. Just keep practicing!! We can do it. :)